Thursday, June 13, 2013

When its raining...

What happens when it rains
that I want to just stare at it
that I want to hear the tipper tapper
that I want to see the drops fall and splash
Is it the running kid who shouts with glee
Whose brother follows him mimicking the same?
Is it the dog who suddenly realizes it is wet
and comes home to shrug itself dry?
Is it the tree that seems to dance
swaying its leaves as they wash themselves clean?
Is it the smell of the wet earth
so intoxicating that I crave to eat it. :P..
Is it the cool breeze that reminds me
to let myself release a strangled moment
and let it go away with the wind?
Is it the nostalgic memory of
running in the lawn with my dog after the rains
trying to see if it brought out a frog
or may be dropped a fruit off some tree?
Or is it just the faces around me
suddenly serene and thinking
probably the same things as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment