Saturday, March 29, 2014

Why should we not give up

It is unfortunate, how the good is difficult and bad easy. It is unfortunate how, good seems to take too long, while bad is almost always happening. Its unfortunate how troubles leak in when all you want to do, is be responsible, help others, help yourself to be a better person. And above all, it's unfortunate, how we give up even before we start or otherwise before we reach our goal. We start off with good intentions, hopes, wishes, aims. But out of the blue, some or the other resistance turns up. It may be miscommunication, it may be overdoing some emotion, it may be ignorance , it may be opposition from other people, it may be fear/disappointment/health , it may be just plain bad luck, it may be the thought 'what would people say' or whatever.   In my case, I realized, it is almost always me. I wonder about all the resistances and let them affect me- so completely- 90% of the time.

But once in a while, we probably grow tired of giving up itself. 

When we let all the hopelessness creep in for quite some time, we probably cannot remember what we were like when we were happy, what we wanted, how did we tackle with problems, what did we dream of. Somehow our existence itself seems blank, purposeless. Question is, is it really like that? If you are in a depressed or given-up state, you would probably say 'Yes, it is'. Some might even go ahead and justify it. Well at least I did. There was a point in my life when all I could see around me was office politics, relationship politics, unhealthy fitness levels, corrupt people flying high, miscommunications, helplessness, hopelessness. In fact, it still scares me to remember those days. It brings back ugly memories and bad emotions along with it. When I let my emotions consume me, I become someone I can no longer recognize. It is hard to justify yourself to the entire world, but sometimes we fail to justify to our own selves. If you have reached this state, believe me, you are not alone.

But people have reached these states and worse ones and come back from them. The amount of effort it takes to do that properly, is enormous. But once done, it transforms lives. It develops a personality that we were probably seeking for so long, in others. You can be proud of yourself and rightfully so. So if you have reached that bottom, allow yourself your emotions for some time, but get up and work yourself out of it. As and when you try, so will you get your solutions.

So don't give up, because may be getting up and fighting back for your purpose, will feel better than getting what you want and deserve, easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment