Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Procastinator....

Browsing my FB page pointlessly
I found myself wondering, what Am I looking for?
Why is it that I am scrolling up and down this page,
when I can get up and do something better?
May be I could brush my teeth or decide to finish cleaning my table
May be I could read a book or plan for tomorrow's meeting?

In fact I could just fix my dress, the one I've stashed away so far behind
Or may be I could just grab the newspaper and see whats going on around?
What about that letter that I was writing to my friend
Or the scrapbook that I have planned to have for almost an eternity now?

What about the cozy doze of sleep, the one my eyes are craving for?
What about that Vitamin pill, the one my body is yearning for?
But I don't hear these voices,
Where did I lose them?
Was it my broken heart or was it my unfulfilled dream?
Was it watching others get what I wanted
Or was it simply because I could not love myself?

Deeper and deeper into this debris I went
Until I could not find my way back
I waited for the next day to make itself better
And swore I would take it up from there

But unfortunately for so many of us
Good things we can do to ourselves, lie completely in our hands
No prince in a shining armour would come and save our day
We would have to be our own Knight

I have procrastinated for too long
I have waited too long for my mind to clear
This wait is getting boring now
This wait is getting hopeless now

So its time to get up and work off that extra fat
Its time to sleep tight and sleep like a log
Its time to eat food that touches your soul
Its time to take up that hobby that keeps you engrossed
Its time to write a letter to your friend
Its time to call your loved ones and say you love them

When else would we do these if we procrastinate till the end
'Kaal karae so aaj kar, Aaj kare so ab,
Pal me parlay hoegi, bahuri karaega kb?'

No comments:

Post a Comment