Sunday, October 5, 2014

So what if I have a broken wing

Yes I have a broken wing
Yes, my heart finds it painful to sing
Yes, I could not let go
Yes, I could not hold on
Yes, my heart is shattered and broken
Yes, I have felt the trauma of these feelings
Yes, I feel I have crossed my lines
Yes, I feel I could have done better
Yes, my soul feels shrunk and stolen

But lament as I may it will not change what others think
But hasten as I may, everything will not happen my way

But I will trip, especially where I don't expect at all
But I will slip, hurt myself , yet have to trudge along

But how can it be different, we have only this life we know of
The same life to fall, the same life to stand up,
The same life to make mistakes
The same life to learn from them
The same life to feel hurt, the same life to forgive
The same life to love, the same life to get our heart broken
The same life to hold on, the same life to let go
The same life to unlearn the wrong, the same life to learn something new
The same life to let something shatter us, the same life to pick up the pieces

So against what i might wish let me repeat what I said:
So what if I have a broken wing
So what if my heart finds it painful to sing
So what if it was too painful to let go
So what if it was so difficult to hold on
So what if my heart is shattered and broken
So what if I have a memory of the trauma of these feelings
So what if I might have crossed my lines
So what if I did not know then that I could have done better
So what if my soul felt shrunk and stolen

I will let my wings grow again
Sing my songs despite my pain
Look at hurt in the eye
And then tell it GOODBYE
My broken trust, my broken faith,
My broken heart and this seemingly endless pain
You can come and laugh at me, tell me how stupid I have been
But I will accept the facts for a fact
And thank you and tell you to go back
You should find your way to someone else
Go ahead and teach your lessons
And find another victim again

But I will now stick to my broken faith,
Fix it up, mend it, bring it back to shape
Make some room for my spirit to re-enter and stay
And I will not ask anyone else's help
For its after-all my heart and soul
And simple as it may be, I would not be able to give the control to anyone else again

No comments:

Post a Comment